Our terms, your privacy
Revised 26th April 2018
We store all data securely in the UK. We share only what's essential for providing our service with some third-parties as follow. We may change theses providers at any time, however this list shall always be up-to-date.
- Plivo, whom are provided with mobile numbers to send SMS notifications.
- Sendgrid, whom are provided with email addresses to send email messages.
- Google, whom are provided with access to browsing data (public browser profile, requested pages, and your IP address) for our analytics.
- Google/Apple, to send push notifications when using our app; when you install our app we are provided with a random non-identifiable ID, but also your device's name which may include your own name (e.g. «John Smith's iPhone»).
Merchant registration data
We preserve all your provided registration data, and may also store data supplemented from public sources using your identifying details. Any such services that record these enquiries are additionally listed here.
- Paysafe, are provided with your registration data, and whom also supplement this with enquiries to further third-party services themselves (please refer to Merchant Account Agreement). We use this provider in order to operate a merchant account and payments gateway on your behalf.
Upon terminating service with us, we shall remove or anonymise all identifable data held by us, within three months of your notice. We can not however state that the providers with whom you have authorised us to undertake supplementary actions (as documented here) shall do the same, and you may be obliged to make removal requests to them yourself should you wish.
We record the IP address and browser details of both customers and merchants for all transactions and signed-in users. For merchants we record location-specific data (such as networks and coordinates) during transactions, keeping only the most recent records. This data is not used to correlate customers.
- Merchant: the business or indvidual using our service as represented in its registered.
- You: the merchant business or indviidual, it's employees, directors, shareholders or any other relevent stakeholder.
- Merchant Account: the account holding the balance of payments to which card settlements are made to the merchant, and from which payout transfers are made to the the merchant's bank account.
- PSP: the payment service provider offering the merchant account facility.
- Transaction: any request for payment initiated or settled through the Paylinko service.
- Chargeback: a refund request that may be issued against your merchant account upon dispute of a transaction by any of your customers, for which you are liable, and which may be notified up to a month after the transaction is initially paid.
Merchant Terms of Service
- You authorise us to open and operate a merchant account with a designated payment service provider ('PSP') on your behalf, until such time as you notify us that you wish to terminate the provision of our services to you, and for which you duly accept the terms and conditions of the PSP as included below (see Merchant Account Agreement).
- We make no warranty that our service is available for your business, and our offer of service shall be subject to due checks and validations, for which further details may be requested from you. Throughout the provision of the service we shall review your use and may at any time require you to transfer to a different offer, or may withdraw service entirely at our due discretion and without liability to any party.
- Any liability for failure to operate in accordance with the merchant account agreement, any other associated requirements, or your own business operations dependant upon any of our services, lie exclusively with you. We shall facilitate the use of your merchant account through our service without warranty as to its suitability for your business purpose. You shall maintain full compliance with terms and conditions and regulatory requirements at all times.
- We do not warrant that payment requests shall be honoured by their recipient or that their card or our service can always be used for settlement.
- You agree to utilise our service only in respect to your declared and legitimate business activity, and undertake to transparently seek the permission of your customers in acquiring payments from them, without use of coercion or deceptive practices.
- You agree to keep your business details up-to-date, such that they represent your current business status, and so that customers can contact you directly to resolve any payment or delivery enquiries, and for which we accept no responsibility.
- You agree to abide by PCI-DSS card-payment data rules, and also not to directly accept nor record cardholder data by any mechanism for processing with our service, other than those provided by us. Customer-facing payment forms are solely for use by your customers, and any attempt to use such on their behalf shall result in termination of your account.
- We shall instruct the PSP to credit your provided bank account with your cleared and duly authorised payment receipts per the indicated schedule, after subtraction of our fees.
- You shall resolve any payment disputes with your customers yourself directly. We accept no liability for any legal or procedural action against you pursuant to transactions undertaken using our services, and shall hold you liable in any such event. You shall be liable for all such related costs, such as chargebacks, due immediately to us upon notice. We shall utilise your direct debit authorisation and/or hold future receipts to cover any such sums or liabilities on your account duly notified to us by the PSP, regardless of cause.
- We are responsible for the secure transfer of payment data from your customer to your PSP only when the service is used in accordance with these terms. Failure to comply or any attempt of your own that leads to the compromise of payment data may result in fines being levied against you by the PSP and card issuing networks for putting such data at risk.
- You are responsible for securing your access to our service, and we accept no liability for any failure to do so, including choice and storage of a secure password for your sole use, using anti-virus software, and any other means.
- In order to avoid fraudulant use of your account for which you would be liable, should you lose any device which is signed into your account on our service, you must sign into your account yourself from any available device and remove these devices.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms from time to time, but to notify you by email before any modifications, to the email address we have on file for you.
Fees and Schedules
- Transaction: 1.75%, 0.5p minimum
- Payout: two days later†, weekly
- Transaction: %, 0.5p minimum
- Payout: two days later†, every morning
- Chargeback: £25
- Unpaid Chargeback: £150 if not settled within 14 days of claim
†Payments are made per the above plan schedule via Faster Payments for all outstanding receipts except from the preceeding day which is included with the subsequent payout, after a one day delay. (Excepting bank holidays.) E.g. a payment received before 6pm Monday, will be sent on Wednesday morning.
Merchant Account Agreement
A merchant payment services account is opened and operated upon your registration with us, under the folllowing contractual terms between yourself and Paysafe Financial Services Limited, and with whom you authorise us to act on your behalf in the provision of our services to your business.